- Associate Board of Sociological Research Online, 2020 to present.
- Editorial Review Board of The Learning Organization, 2019 to present.
- Editorial Board of Social Inclusion, 2019 to present.
- Editorial Board of Triple Helix: A Journal of University-Industry-Government Innovation and Entrepreneurship, 2018 to present.
- Editorial Board of European Journal of Higher Education, 2014 to 2021.
- Editorial Board of Acta Pedagogica Vilnensis, 2015 to present.
- Editorial Board of Higher Education Policy, 2013 to present.
- Deputy Director of the Center of Higher Education (zhb, TU Dortmund) and member of the Center's Board.
- Member of the Board of the German Society for Research on Higher Education (GfHf), 2014 until September 2022.
- Member of the Board of the Futura Scientia, Lithuania, 2009–2010, 2014–2015 and 2020–2021, elected Chair 2020–2021.
- Member of the International Advisory Board of the Hungarian Accreditation Committee (HAC), 2014 to present.
- Co-convener of Network 22, Research in Higher Education at the European Educational Research Association (EERA), 2014 to present.
- Member of the Board, Educational Advising Center, Lithuania, 2010 to present.
American Sociological Association (ASA)
Academy of Management (AOM)
Association for the Advancement of Baltic Studies (AABS)
The Consortium of Higher Education Researchers (CHER)
European Educational Research Association (EERA)
Gesellschaft für Hochschulforschung (GfHf)
Deutscher Hochschulverband (DHV)
Dutch Network of Women Professors (LNVH)
Netzwerk Frauen- und Geschlechterforschung NRW
Search & People Search
Location & approach
The campus of TU Dortmund University is located close to interstate junction Dortmund West, where the Sauerlandlinie A 45 (Frankfurt-Dortmund) crosses the Ruhrschnellweg B 1 / A 40. The best interstate exit to take from A 45 is "Dortmund-Eichlinghofen" (closer to Campus Süd), and from B 1 / A 40 "Dortmund-Dorstfeld" (closer to Campus Nord). Signs for the university are located at both exits. Also, there is a new exit before you pass over the B 1-bridge leading into Dortmund.
To get from Campus Nord to Campus Süd by car, there is the connection via Vogelpothsweg/Baroper Straße. We recommend you leave your car on one of the parking lots at Campus Nord and use the H-Bahn (suspended monorail system), which conveniently connects the two campuses.
TU Dortmund University has its own train station ("Dortmund Universität"). From there, suburban trains (S-Bahn) leave for Dortmund main station ("Dortmund Hauptbahnhof") and Düsseldorf main station via the "Düsseldorf Airport Train Station" (take S-Bahn number 1, which leaves every 15 or 30 minutes). The university is easily reached from Bochum, Essen, Mülheim an der Ruhr and Duisburg.
You can also take the bus or subway train from Dortmund city to the university: From Dortmund main station, you can take any train bound for the Station "Stadtgarten", usually lines U41, U45, U 47 and U49. At "Stadtgarten" you switch trains and get on line U42 towards "Hombruch". Look out for the Station "An der Palmweide". From the bus stop just across the road, busses bound for TU Dortmund University leave every ten minutes (445, 447 and 462). Another option is to take the subway routes U41, U45, U47 and U49 from Dortmund main station to the stop "Dortmund Kampstraße". From there, take U43 or U44 to the stop "Dortmund Wittener Straße". Switch to bus line 447 and get off at "Dortmund Universität S".
The H-Bahn is one of the hallmarks of TU Dortmund University. There are two stations on Campus Nord. One ("Dortmund Universität S") is directly located at the suburban train stop, which connects the university directly with the city of Dortmund and the rest of the Ruhr Area. Also from this station, there are connections to the "Technologiepark" and (via Campus Süd) Eichlinghofen. The other station is located at the dining hall at Campus Nord and offers a direct connection to Campus Süd every five minutes.
The AirportExpress is a fast and convenient means of transport from Dortmund Airport (DTM) to Dortmund Central Station, taking you there in little more than 20 minutes. From Dortmund Central Station, you can continue to the university campus by interurban railway (S-Bahn). A larger range of international flight connections is offered at Düsseldorf Airport (DUS), which is about 60 kilometres away and can be directly reached by S-Bahn from the university station.
The facilities of TU Dortmund University are spread over two campuses, the larger Campus North and the smaller Campus South. Additionally, some areas of the university are located in the adjacent "Technologiepark".Zum Lageplan